Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Life

I'm still here. Going stir crazy at home, but still here. I had the best intentions to sew every day and really push through some of these projects quickly, but life -- once again -- got in the way. About a month ago, I came down with bronchitis, and a week later, my son got it. Normally not a big deal, but since he has cf, it's a lot more serious. So, I've been spending the last few weeks doing double the CPT (chest percussion therapy), giving him extra medicine, and working very hard to keep him out of the hospital. It was close, but we avoided it, and yesterday was his last day of antibiotics. I already notice a difference in him from being off the medicine.

Needless to say, with all of the extra treatments and appointments, I have had considerably less time to sew. I did steal some time to cut out charms for a charm swap I joined -- which still need to be bagged up and put in the mail, and I finished cutting out more fabric for the I-Spy Quilt I'm making since I decided the quilt needed to be bigger.

Today, I finally got to sit down at my machine again for a few minutes and finished six squares for the I-Spy Quilt. Fourteen squares to go, which I'm hoping I can get done this week during nap time. No pictures to share at this point, but I promise I'll post some when I get all the blocks done. This quilt needs to be done this month, so I'm pushing to make sure that happens. Please wish me good luck and good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment